Friday, January 8, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

I can't believe it's been over a month since I last posted. Spending much time enjoying my favorite passion (duck hunting) while still trying to do Christmas, volunteer fire department, family time, work around the house, the work that pays the bills, as well as putting time in the garden. Right now everything in the garden has been harvested except the garlic, the sugar snap peas (still can't believe they survived the freeze uncovered), some lettuce and kale, and the carrots I left to grom until late february. Other than those things I'm taking a garden break. Growing a full time winter garden seems more like work that stress relieving fun. I'm looking forward though to the early spring garden and another round of cool weather broccolli, cauliflower, radishes, lettuce, and carrots. Then it will be back to tomatoes and my summer favorites. I'm considering branching out the blog to include more of the self subsistence items such as my hunting tales as well. Maybe a garden post and a hunting or fishing post each week. My hunting season has went well. I've had to really work for the birds as it's been a wierd season but it's still been successful. I'll try to get some pictures of the garden area up next week. Hope everyone had a great Christmas, Holiday season etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment