Sunday, October 3, 2010

Annie's Annuals Fall Planting Sale


Finally gave up on trying to get the last plants I wanted for my part shade Hummingbird garden from local nurseries and headed to Richmond for Annies sale. Driving through the neighborhood by Annie's made me think of the very definition of rough. I would not want to break down there at night. Arrival at Annie's brought a welcome relief and a comic relief as well. Many people were dressed up in costumes including a "Wizard" and a "Clown". There were free goodies to munch on and 2 lucky people won 15 minutes "Supermarket Sweep" prizes. All the four inch plants were 25% off and I brought home my share. I picked up Hummingbird Sage, Red Monkeyflower, Golden Monkey Flower, Golden Currant, Yellow Snapdragon Bush, Hummingbird Mint, and Starfire Pink Cuphea.
The sale continues to the 17th. They have the best assortment of natives I have seen though I have not been to Cornflower Farms in Elk Grove. My plan was to take lots of pictures to post on here but my wife dropped the camera onto the red crushed granite path after taking the lone picture. She wiped the outside of the telefoto lens off and thought it would be fine to turn off. When the lens retracted it broke the retractable lens cap as granite was still present.

No comments:

Post a Comment