Friday, November 27, 2009

Somebody Doesn't Want Me to Get My Garlic Planted

My goal for this week by friday was to build 2 planters, fill one with soil and plant my garlic. I picked up the boards last saturday. I then cut and assembled the sides on sunday. There they sat until yesterday. I took them outside and stained them in the morning, let them dry all day and then returned them to the garage so they would not get wet with dew. This afternoon I put the sides and ends together into a planter and put them in place. I filled one with soil and commenced planting garlic. 3 kinds were to be planted(Oregon Blue, Ischeium Red and California White), 2 rows of each 16 rows deep for a total of 96 bulbs next year. I was about half done with the first variety when the rain came pouring down. I was going to finish all 3 varieties but quit after finishing the first variety due to the tremendous amount of hail.

The new soon to be garlic bed
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My poor carrots
Photobucket

The neighbors roof.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment