Sunday, July 5, 2009

Back in May

I thought I'd throw up some pictures from early May to get some practice in and to open this blog up. I'll post some recent pictures of the garden and the hauls I've been getting. This year I switched my tomatoes to containers to get an earlier start and to free up my usual garden spot to grow cool weather vegetables such as broccolli, cauliflower, snap peas, and cabbage. These will be in addition to my usual radishes, hot peppers, bell peppers, summer squash, banana squash, and lettuce. I also have started onions and plan on adding garlic as well. I will be doing a year round garden from here on out and trying to eat seasonally. The vegetables will complement the game I harvest during the year as well as making some vegetarian meals.

My old garden spot
garden
New area from grass to garden
new garden area

Tomatoes in containers
tomatoes

Potatoes grown in old garbage cans
potatoes

potatoes

Carrots and onions
carrots

Cabbage
cabbage

Beans
beans

Wifes early sunflower
early sunflower

A days haul in may
may haul

No comments:

Post a Comment